October 18 was the second PTA meeting at Sankofa. It was a very productive and constructive meeting! It’s always very wonderful to see parents active in their children’s lives…and Sankofa has some very active parents.
Below are some of the decisions we came to, and ideas we came up with.
- From now on, Sista Ollie McClean will be referred to as our Queen Mother, and respected by the children as such.
- One of the Parents, a chef began the process of making lunches for the students and staff, for a small fee. He also brought a same that everyone really dug!
- Different fund-raising ideas were brought up.
- Possibly starting a weekly or bi-weekly movie night and discussion for the students that will help to create a brother and sisterhood between the children. Bro Kofi volunteered to help bring that into fruition
- October 29 will be a day long conference held by the Association for the Study of Classical African Civilization, along with the Black Student Union @ CCNY
more to come………….